|STATEMENT OF FAITH ~ Last Updated 08/11/2013 |
STATEMENT OF FAITH
(Last Updated August 11, 2013)
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord,
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit
and born of the virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
He descended to Hell.
The third day He rose again from the dead.
He ascended to Heaven
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty.
From there, He will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy *catholic church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.
*small "c" catholic church - that is, The True Christian Church of all times and all places
THE BODY OF CHRIST, OF WHOM HE IS THE HEAD
WE BELIEVE WE ARE TO
We believe The Bible is The inspired Word of God, a revelation from God to mankind, the infallible rule of faith and conduct, and is superior to conscience and reason, but not contrary to reason (2 Timothy 3:15-16; 1 Peter 2:2).
- "And that from a child thou has known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith whihc is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" ~ 2 Timothy 3:15-16
- "As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:" ~ 1 Peter 2:2
We believe The One True God has revealed Himself as the eternally self-existent "I AM," The Creator of Heaven and Earth, and The Redeemer of mankind. We believe that He has further revealed Himself as The embodiment of principles of relationship and association as Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 43:10-11; Matthew 28:19; Luke 3:22).
- "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:" ~ Deuteronomy 6:4
- "Ye are My witnesses, saith the LORD, and My servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He: before Me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after Me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside Me there is no saviour." ~ Isaiah 43:10-11
- "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost." ~ Matthew 28:19
- "And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from Heaven, which said, "Thou art My beloved Son; in Thee I am well pleased." ~ Luke 3:22
We believe The Lord Jesus Christ (Yeshua Ha'Maschiach) is The divine and eternal Son of God. We believe that The Scriptures declare His virgin birth (Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:31,35), His sinless, blameless life (Hebrews 7:26; 1 Peter 2:22), His miracles (Acts 2:22; Acts 10:38), His substitutionary work on the cross (1 Corinthians 15:3; 2 Corinthians 5:21), His bodily resurrection from the dead (Matthew 28:6, Luke 24:39; 1 Corinthians 15:4), and His exaltation to The Right Hand of God (Acts 1:9,11; Acts 2:33; Philippians 2:9-11; Hebrews 1:3).
- "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, "God with us"." ~ Matthew 1:23
- "31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call His name Jesus. 35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God." ~ Luke 1:31,35
- "For such an High Priest became us, Who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the Heavens;" ~ Hebrews 7:26
- "Who did no sin, neither was guile found in His mouth:" ~ 1 Peter 2:22
- "Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by Him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:" ~ Acts 2:22
- "How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: Who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with Him." ~ Acts 10:38
- "For I deivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures;" ~ 1 Corinthians 15:3
- "For He hath made Him to be sin for us, Who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him." ~ 2 Corinthians 5:21
- "He is not here: for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay." ~ Matthew 28:6
- "Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself: hanle Me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see Me have." ~ Luke 24:39
- "And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures:" ~ 1 Corinthians 15:4
- "9 And when He had spoken these things, while they beheld, He was taken up; and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 11 Which also said, "Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into Heaven? This same Jesus, which is taken up from you into Heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen Him go into Heaven." ~ Acts 1:9,11
- "Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, He hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear." ~ Acts 2:33
- "Wherefore God also hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a name which is above every name: that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in Heaven and things in Earth, and things under the Earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." ~ Philippians 2:9-11
- "Who being the brightness of His glory, and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the Word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high." ~ Hebrews 1:3
We believe that man was created good and upright, for God said "Let Us make man in Our Image, after Our Likeness." But that man, by voluntary transgression, fell, and his only hope of redemption is in Jesus Christ (Yeshua Ha'Mashiach), The Son of God (Genesis 1:26-31; 3:1-7; Romans 5:12-21).
- "And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the Earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the Earth. So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the Earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the Earth." And God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the fce of all the Earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. And to every beast of the Earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the Earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. And God saw every thing that He had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day." ~ Genesis 1:26-31
- "Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, "Yea, hath God said, 'Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?'" And the woman said unto the serpent, "We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, 'Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.'" And the serpent said unto the woman, "Ye shall not surely die: for God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil." And the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons." ~ Genesis 3:1-7
- "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of Him that was to come. But not as the offense, so also is the free gift. For if through the offense of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offenses unto justification. For if by one man's offense death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) Therefore as by the offense of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of One the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of One shall many be made righteous. Moreover, the law entered, that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: that as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord." ~ Romans 5:12-21
We believe that man's ONLY hope of redemption and reconciliation with God is through the shed Blood of Jesus Christ (Yeshua Ha'Mashiach), The Son of God...and that salvation is received through repentance toward God and faith in The Lord Jesus Christ (Yeshua Ha'Mashiach). We believe that by the washing of regeneration and renewing of The Holy Spirit, being justified by grace through faith, man becomes an heir of God, according to the hope of eternal life (Luke 24:47; John 3:3; John 14:6; Romans 10:13-15; Ephesians 2:8; 1 Timothy 2:5; Titus 2:11; Titus 3:5-7).
- "And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem." ~ Luke 24:47
- "Jesus answered and said unto him, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." ~ John 3:3
- "Jesus saith unto him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me." ~ John 14:6
- "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on Him in Whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of Whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of them that preach The Gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!"" ~ Romans 10:13-15
- "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:" ~ Ephesians 2:8
- "For there is one God, and one Mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;" ~ 1 Timothy 2:5
- "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men," ~ Titus 2:11
- "Not by works of righteousnes which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; which He shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; that being justified by His grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life." ~ Titus 3:5-7
We believe that the inward evidence of salvation is the direct witness of The Holy Spirit (Romans 8:16)...and that the outward evidence to all men, is a life of righteousness and true holiness (Ephesians 4:24; Titus 2:12).
- "The Spirit Itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:" ~ Romans 8:16
- "And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness." ~ Ephesians 4:24
- "Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;" ~ Titus 2:12
We believe The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of The Father...being co-equal, co-eternal and co-existent with The Father. We believe the ministry of Holy Spirit upon the Earth is to convict and convert man, as well as to be The Great Paraclete (The Great Physician, Comforter, Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby) to The Church. We believe that The Baptism of The Holy Spirit and Fire is a gift from God, as promised by The Lord Jesus Christ (Yeshua Ha'Mashiach) to all believers, and is received subsequent to and is distinct from the experience of New Birth. With The Baptism of The Holy Spirit and Fire, comes the enduement of power for life and service, the bestowment of spiritual gifts and their uses in the work of the ministry (Acts 1:4,8; 1 Corinthians 12:1-31).
- "4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which saith He, "ye have heard of Me." 8 "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto Me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the Earth."" ~ Acts 1:4,8
- "Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant. Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led. Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. For toone is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; to another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; to another the working of miracles; to another prohecy; to another discerning spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: but all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as He will. For as the Body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one Body, being many, are one Body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one Body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. For the Body is not one member, but many. If the foot shall say, "Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? And if the ear shall say, "Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole body were hearing, where were the smelling? But now hath God set the members every one of them in the Body, as it hath pleased Him. And if they were all one member, where were the Body? But now are they many members, yet but one Body. And the eye cannot say unto the hand, "I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, "I have no need of you." Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary: and those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness. For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the Body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked. That there should be no schism in the Body; but that the members should have the same care one for another. And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it. Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. And God hath set some in The Church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles? Have all the gifts of healing? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret? But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way." ~ 1 Corinthians 12:1-31
We believe that the purpose of The Baptism of The Holy Spirit is so that we, the believers, may be empowered to be stronger witnesses beyond our capabilities otherwise (Matthew 3:11; John 14:16-17; Acts 1:8; Acts 2).
- "I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:" ~ Matthew 3:11
- "And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever; even the Spirit of truth; Whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you." ~ John 14:16-17
- "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto Me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the Earth." ~ Acts 1:8
- "And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from Heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under Heaven. Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, "Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God." And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, "What meaneth this?" Others mocking said, "These men are full of new wine." But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, "Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; and it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, 'I will pour out My Spirit; and they shall prophesy: and I will shew wonders in Heaven above, and signs in the Earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come: and it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.' Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by Him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that He should be holden to it. For David speaketh concerning Him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for He is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: because Thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer Thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with Thy countenance. Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on His throne; he seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, He hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. For David is not ascended into the Heavens: but he saith himself, "The Lord said unto my Lord, 'Sit Thou on my right hand, until I make Thy foes Thy footstool.'" Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, Whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ." Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, "Men and brethren, what shall we do?" Then Peter said unto them, "Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call." And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, "Save yourselves from this untoward generation." Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles. And all that believed were together, and had all things common; and sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had needed. And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to The Church daily such as should be saved." ~ Acts 2
We believe that The Lord Jesus Christ (Yeshua Ha'Mashiach), Head of The Church, established two (2) ordinances for The Church to follow: water baptism and "The Lord's Supper" ("communion"). We believe that baptism in water, by full immersion, is a foundational practice in that Christ Jesus Himself gave us this example to follow. We believe that while it is not necessary for salvation, it is for all believers. We believe this ordinance is an outward sign of an inward work...and that it symbolizes a believer's identification with Jesus Christ (Yeshua Ha'Mashiach) in His death, burial, and resurrection (Matthew 28:19; Acts 10:47-48; Romans 6:4; Acts 20:21; Hebrews 10:22).
- "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of The Father, and of The Son, and of The Holy Ghost:" ~ Matthew 28:19
- "Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?" And He commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they Him to tarry certain days." ~ Acts 10:47-48
- "Therefore we are buried with Him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life." ~ Romans 6:4
- "Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ." ~ Acts 20:21
- "Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water." ~ Hebrews 10:22
We believe the foundational practice of the breaking of bread and drinking from the cup ("The Lord's Supper") was given us by The Lord Jesus Christ (Yeshua Ha'Mashiach) in remembrance of Him and His life, death, burial, and resurrection, and that we should participate in it regularly until His return. We believe that anyone may come to The Table of The Lord, but that it is unique to believers. We believe the bread speaks of His Body, which was broken for us, and that the cup speaks of His Blood, that was shed for us. (Isaiah 53:5; 2 Peter 1:4; 1 Corinthians 11:26).
- "But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed." ~ Isaiah 53:5
- "Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." ~ 2 Peter 1:4
- "For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till He come." ~ 1 Corinthians 11:26
We believe The Scripture teaches that without holiness no man shall see The Lord (Hebrews 12:14). We believe in the Doctrine of Sanctification as a definite, yet progressive work of grace, commencing at the time of regeneration and continuing until the consummation of salvation at Christ's return. (1 Corinthians 1:30; 2 Corinthians 3:18; Philippians 3:12-14; 1 Thessalonians 5:23).
- "Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:" ~ Hebrews 12:14
- "But of Him are ye in Christ Jesus, Who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:" ~ 1 Corinthians 1:30
- "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." ~ 2 Corinthians 3:18
- "Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." ~ Philippians 3:12-14
- "And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:23
We believe The Church is The Body of Christ (Christ Jesus being The Head of The Body). We believe that as The Body of Christ we are the habitation of God through The Spirit with divine appointments for the fulfillment of The Great Commission. We believe each believer, born of The Spirit, is an integral part of The Church of The Firstborn, whose names are written in Heaven in The Lamb's Book of Life (Ephesians 1:22-23; 2:22; Hebrews 12:23).
- "And hath put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be the Head over all things to The Church, which is His Body, the fullness of Him that filleth all-in-all." ~ Ephesians 1:22-23
- "In Whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit." ~ Ephesians 2:22
- "To the general assembly and Church of the Firstborn, which are written in Heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect," ~ Hebrews 12:23
We believe a divinely-called and scripturally-ordained ministry has been provided by our Lord for the three-fold purpose of leading The Church in: evangelization of the world (Mark 16:15-20); worship of God (John 4:23-24); and edification of The Body of Christ (Ephesians 4:11-16).
- "And He said unto them, "Go ye into all the world, and preach The Gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; in My name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover." So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, He was received up into Heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming The Word with signs following. Amen." ~ Mark 16:15-20
- "But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship The Father in spirit and in truth: for The Father seeketh such to worship Him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth." ~ John 4:23-24
- "And He gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of The Body of Christ: till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: that we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; but speaking the truth in love, may grow up into Him in all things, which is the Head, even Christ: from Whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love." ~ Ephesians 4:11-16
We believe that deliverance from sickness and healing is provided for in the atonement, and is always for the glory of God alone (Isaiah 53:4-5; Matthew 8:16-17).
- "Surely He hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed." ~ Isaiah 53:4-5
- "When the even was come, they brought unto Him many that were possessed with devils: and He cast out the spirits with His Word, and He healed all that were sick: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses." ~ Matthew 8:16-17
We believe the resurrection of those who have fallen asleep in Christ and their translation, together with those who are alive and remain unto the coming of The Lord, is the imminent and blessed hope of The Church (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; Titus 2:12; 1 Corinthians 15:51-52; Romans 8:23). AMEN & HALLELU-YAH!!!
- "For the Lord Himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and wth the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord." ~ 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
- "Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;" ~ Titus 2:12
- "Behold, I shew you a mystery; we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed." ~ 1 Corinthians 15:51-52
- "And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body." ~ Romans 8:23
We believe there will be a final judgment in which the wicked dead will be raised and judged according to their works. We believe that whosoever is not found written in The Book of Life, together with the devil and his angels, the beast and the false prophet, will be consigned to everlasting punishment in The Lake of Fire, which burns with fire and brimstone, and which is the second death (Revelation 19:20; Revelation 20:10-15).
- "And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone." ~ Revelation 19:20
- "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the Earth and the Heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and The Books were opened: and another Book was opened, which is The Book of Life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in The Books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the Lake of Fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in The Book of Life was cast into the Lake of Fire." ~ Revelation 20:10-15
We believe that "We, according to His promise, look for new Heavens and a new Earth wherein dwelleth righteousness." (2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21-22).
- "Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new Heavens and a new Earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness." ~ 2 Peter 3:13
- [CHAPTER 21 BEGINS] "And I saw a new Heaven and a new Earth: for the first Heaven and the first Earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of Heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of Heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And He that sat upon the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." And He said unto me, "Write: for these words are true and faithful." And He said unto me, "It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be My son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in The Lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, sayng, "Come hither, I will shew thee the Bride, the Lamb's Wife." And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that Great City, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of Heaven from God, having the glory of God: and Her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; and had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: on the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates. And the wall of the City had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the City, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof. And the City lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the City with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal. And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel. And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the City was pure gold, like unto clear glass. And the foundations of the wall of the City were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald; the fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolyte; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst. And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the City was pure gold, as it were transparent glass. And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. And the City had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the Light thereof. And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the Light of it: and the kings of the Earth do bring their glory and honour to it. And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in The Lamb's Book of Life. [CHAPTER 22 BEGINS] And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and His servants shall serve Him: And they shall see His face; and His name shall be in their foreheads. And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever. And he said unto me, "These sayings are faithful and true": and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent His angel to shew unto His servants the things which must shortly be done. "Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this Book." And I, John, saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. Then saith he unto me, "See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this Book: worship God." And he saith unto me, "Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this Book: for the time is at hand. He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still." "And, behold, I come quickly; and My reward is with Me, to give every man according to his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the City. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. I, Jesus, have sent Mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the Bride say, 'Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this Book, "If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this Book: and if any man shall take away from the words of the Book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the Book of Life, and out of the holy City, and from the things which are written in this Book." He which testifieth these things saith, "Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus." The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen." ~ Revelation 21-22
WE BELIEVE...Do you?